Electronics-Lab.com Community

Car inverter + 12v to 19v + 555 timer

Can anyone help with these
Car Inverter;
im after making a car inverter for 240v for using my projector when out in the bush somewhere. Any help / schematics are great thanks

12v to 19v
I want to use my laptop in the car so i can plug it into the cig lighter socket, any ideas?

555 timer;
Im trying to make a timer circuit that makes the purge blocks on a printer push air to the print heads every 10 mins. say 10 min wait, 2 sec purge, but only when the head carrage is in park possition not while printing.

Thanks in advance.. ::)

Stuee,

What kind of power requirement does the projector have? And what kind of power supply input does it have (transformer of switch mode)?

Do you need a timer for cooling the print head? Why no just put a micro switch (a small one like in VCR: s) at the park position and let a small fan blow while in park position?

Unsure about the projector, i just know its 240v au. its my friends.

As for the timer, the printheads are xaar heads and need to either be sprayed with solvent every 10 mins or so or purged to push ink through them to stop them drying out, the heads are like $600 each and each printer has 24 in them.