Electronics-Lab.com Community

my project

hi i'm dissabled, but i wish to build an old memory. okay! two boxes with blinking red-blue and yellow lights to music from my speakers,say christmas lights? i saw these in the late 1960's. they had a plastic lens on the front 3'x 5' ft. the red color was for bass- blue for mid-range and yellow for trebble. they kept beat to the music, also the louder the sound the brighter the colors. they hooked to the speakers plus i think also a 110 volt to the receptical.i'm 57 yrs. old. if someone can help? what a christmas present for me. oh! i can do this hobby myself if i knew how! i have a bad heart and back,but i never say-DIE... any viet-vets out there? i'm one,too bye for now-JOE

Guest Yevgenip

Hi Joe.
Do you have any former knowledge in electronics?
I suggest connecting three simple capacitor-resistor frequency filters in parallel so the each of them passes only a certain spectrum of frequencies. then, amplify the the signal and use a diode bridge to turn it to DC and power the lamp. How much power do you need to power the lamp? What is the output of you Stereo System?

Someone have any other suggestions/corrections?