Electronics-Lab.com Community

Circuit To Count Fast Voltage Presence...

Hi, I'm Interested In designing a circuit that is capable of reading (Counting) voltage presence for a dc ground reference that will be shuting off and on...

I dont believe the lowest point of voltage reference will fall to zero, but anywhere from 100 millivolts to 12v.

any Reference or Ideas of such a circuit? Thanks for any help.

Hello Ante, once again.. :) .. Yes, the circuit tester I am interested in designing will be used for checking Pulse-Type Voltage from an Automotive Ignition Control Module.. I do understand that it's easier to go buy one, but I want to design My own...

My knowledge is that The Voltage that sends the Signal to the Coil Pack from the Module, is a Negative Voltage. I am designing this project to check for faulty Control modules (Pulsating or Not). As far as Amperage Draw, I belive for these 'Auto' devices, it should possibly be anywhere from 2 amps and up.. I'll have to measure and check..

Anyhow, thanks for the response and let me know of any help you can provide, thanks...

by the way Ante, or any other helper, the circuit doesn't have to be a counter, but anything that will allow me to capture the results without me looking at it. That is why I suggested a Counter..

Sometimes it's hard to monitor the tester while cranking the engine etc...

Great References Ante, Now I will have to somehow convert the actual Module unstable voltages and current into a definable output for the Circuits You Referenced me to, since they are sensitive digital type circuits... But This IS GREAT! :) Thanks Alot Once Again... 8)