Electronics-Lab.com Community

Setup Reversal

Alright everyone - just a small problem I have that I was hoping you could help me with.

Cell One is powering a component
Cell Two is powering a component

Cell Three is charging
Cell Four is also charging

I thought I would ask any of you if you know of an automatic way to reverse this setup after a set time (The time it takes for Cells 1 and 2 to have nearly run out of power). Obviously once the setup is reversed Cells 3 and 4 are powering the components whilst Cells 1 and Two are charging.

I have figured out a mechanical way to do this but I feel an electronic method would be more apt and reliable so if any of you know of a way, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi South Bank,
Welcome to our forum.  ;D
You don't say anything about voltage or current. You also don't say whether your battery cells are completely separate or are two in series.

If the battery cells are 3.6V lithium, or lower-voltage types in series, for low load and charging currents I would use a 74HC4066 bi-directional analog switch IC. Maxim has an improved one that operates with higher current.