Electronics-Lab.com Community

Sine wave inverter

arunava

I have designed one Sin triangle PWM inverter of 100W.
I am using ICL8038 for genarating sin and triangular wave and comparing both the pulses to generate PWM pulses.
But when i give those pulses to IR2110 for driving the mosfets i am not getting the output pulses for driving the mosfets.I have used buffer also.
I checked my driver circuit with signal generator its working while i gave the generated pulses.
Now my driver circuit is giving output pulses
Please anyone can help me regarding this.

Could anyone help me which driver IC to use for inverter bridge circuit to generate complementry pulses with delay.
Or
How to give delay to two complementry pulses.

Hi Arunava,
You can't compare the 8038's triangle wave, you must compare a triangle wave of the PWM clock oscillator with the low frequency sine-wave. So you can use any simple circuit to make a sine-wave like a Wien Bridge or Phase-shift oscillator.
You need a circuit that makes a variable PWM from a variable DC voltage, then substitute the DC voltage with your low frequency sine-wave like this:

post-1706-14279142248942_thumb.gif

I am using two IC's, one generates sine and the other triangle wave.......of different frequencies.

Hi Arunava,
Sorry, you didn't say at first that you were using twoIC's. ::)
Your circuit should work since your block diagram is very similar to the circuit that I posted.

Please post a detailed schematic of your circuit so that we can determine if the opamp and buffer are powered and biased correctly so that their outputs can swing to the required output voltage levels. ;D

Guest Alun

Hi Arunava,
You can't compare the 8038's triangle wave, you must compare a triangle wave of the PWM clock oscillator with the low frequency sine-wave. So you can use any simple circuit to make a sine-wave like a Wien Bridge or Phase-shift oscillator.
You need a circuit that makes a variable PWM from a variable DC voltage, then substitute the DC voltage with your low frequency sine-wave like this:

Sounds like you're talking class-D to me, the PWM modulator needs oto run at at least 20 times the frequency so for 50Hz it would need to be 1kHz.

Here's a paper on class D amplifiers:
http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~mleach/ece4435/f01/ClassD2.pdf

In this application the transformer could be the main inductor in the output filter.

Thanks Everybody for helping me in sorting my problem.
That problem is over i am getting pulses out of IR2110.
Could anyone tell me how to generate delay in those pulses since i have to use this pulses in inverter bridge.
Without delay inverter bridge will be short ciruited.
Please help me in this matter.
Or do you people have any Driver IC's in mind which can generate complementry pulses