Electronics-Lab.com Community

Li-ion battery pack for a solo 2150 notebook computer

j-bro

I have a battery pack form a solo 2150 notebook computer.  It is a 10.8V , 3200 mAh panisonic battery 6500363.        Does any one know were I might find a schematic for the internal board inside the battery pack?  Not sure if anyone knows what I am talking about.  the battery works when I "hot wire"  positive lead from battery cells to positive lead to connector.  There is a thermal Protector I think that I can also by pass and then the battery works to start the laptop.  Just need some direction to figure out what part is wrong on the internal board.  Do not want to pay 80 dollars for a new battery.  Plus I love to take things apart and try to fix them.  thanks for all the help.

J-Bro

Hi bro,

Welcome to our forum.

A schematic will not be simple to find, the manufacturer likes to keep this to themselves. When you “hotwire” the battery it works you say, but does it charge normally in the computer? The reason for the question is; the electronics inside the battery is also involved in the charging even the thermal protection. I would try with another battery to make sure there’s nothing wrong in the computer itself, have you checked the leaf connectors in the battery compartment? 8)

I hot wired the battery and then left the laptop on until the power ran out.  I let the battery charge over the weekend.  Only a few hours at a time to make sure the battery was not getting to hot.  Checked today to see were the cells were at,  and they are reading that they are fully charged.  I have a friend that is going to make me a circuit  to run a LED that will let me know when the battery gets to a certian voltage so that I know it is time to charge it.  I will be doing that this afternoon.  thanks for the reply.

J-Bro

• 7 months later...

I have the Gateway 600YGR I tried to replace the cells but the PCB that controls the pack will not recognize the new cells. So the computer is tring to charge but the batteries board will not allow energy in or out.
(I need to figure out how to reset it maybe that is the same problem as yours).