Electronics-Lab.com Community

ir operated door

can someone help me with my project... my project applies the function of a ir active sensor connected to a motor... when a preson passes through the ir sensor it automaticatically triggers the motor which opens the door... but my problem is that how can i activate the motor in forward/reverse motion to open and close the door at a given time interval... please can someone help me with this....

That is easy.
Normally ,the motor have two type : DC brush motor or DC brushless motor.
You should design a controller for the Infrared sensor and the motor.
If you use the DC brushless motor,should have the compent to test the direction of the Motor.such as the Hall effect sensors.If you use three Hall effect sensors :A,B,C.if active series is A to B to C is the clockwise ,then from C to B to A is anti-clockwise.
If you want to adjust the speed of the motor ,you should change the PWM pulse width to change the speed.
Maybe I can help you to complete this project.
If you have any other questions,Please contact me:
MSN: [email protected]
[email protected]
www.waferstar.com

i'm planning to make a prototype first... dc motor might do the job... what circuit should i place after the output of the if sensor?... so that the motor will turn clockwise and anti-clockwise at a certain interval of time in order for the door to open and close... if u may i would ask a copy of that circuit... if u may... thanks in advance...

I think you firstly should learn more on the principle of the automatic door system.
and I think you can ask some information from the automatic door company,and they will give some useful information for you to use.
I used to be an engineer in designing of the automatic door controller ,and also the automatic door sensor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extract the Code from the Programmed MCU

www.waferstar.com
[email protected]