Electronics-Lab.com Community

Temperature controller project

I’ve got an idea of starting an electronic Temperature controller project. Basically I’m planning to use an electronic temperature sensor i.e. TMP37, converting the signal using ADC, comparing the sensor’s signal to the set point which’s set by using a DIP switch. The output, which would be a correction signal that can be fed to the heating element to set it at the desired temperature.

My question hear, is what can be used to differentiate the measured & the setpoint signals.

Please if you can help, or where I can find such information

Regards

Dear,
TMP37 provides a voltage output that is linearly proportional to the temperature. You can connect it to  A/D converters. and the Base point (Set point) is set by DIP switch.So you should use the output of  A/D converters to compare with the set point,and the calculate the actual  temperature.
For example,if when  temperature is zero,the output is A,and you can set the setpoint to A.and then If the output is B,then (B-A) is proportional to the temperature.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Our service :Extract the Code from Programed MCU
www.waferstar.com
Wafer Microelectronics Co.,Ltd