Electronics-Lab.com Community

HELP: Beginner questions on Protel DXP

Nina

Beginning to use Protel DXP, I've encountered some "beginner" problems, and I cannot find the answers in their help, so please, if you can help I'll be very thankful:
1. Some definitions: Beginning to draw a PCB, at the down part of the program I'm getting 17 layers, and I want to use only 3-4: Top, Bottom, Overlay and(maybe) 1 mechanical Layer. How do I get rid of the others?
2. If I want to use only the Bottom layer - how can I "hide" the other layers, and how can I navigate thru them?
3. How can I determine the defaults of track thickness and pad sizes, so I can use the same sizes over again? I know that there are some "default" sizes and holes for pads, that most of the manufactors like (60mils, 72 mils....) and the same for the holes.... where can I find any information about?
4. Are there any downloadable footprints libraries ?
5. The last one for now... :) I would like to make a "genuine" footprint, of let's say a 10 pins IC. I need "step by step" help making it and adding it to a library.
Again, if anyone may have the good will to help, I'll be very grateful, as I really need it for a project I'm involved, and I'm stucked....