Jump to content
Electronics-Lab.com Community

Saturable-Core Tranformer


Recommended Posts

I need to get my hands on a transformer with the following characteristics:

12 to 400 Volt, saturable-core

I am having trouble finding a supplier who has such a device.  Could anyone give me the low down on exactly what a saturable-core-type transformer is? I think I understand correctly that there is a DC winding around the AC windings which can be charged to saturate the transformer core and limit the signal passing through the transformer... what I am wondering really is: is there another name for this device? (maybe this is why it seems to be so elusive) if not and it is just rare, would it be possible to "roll-my-own"? can anyone point me to instructions on how i might build such a transformer? or maybe they are commonly found in old electronic devices?

thanks for your help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...