Electronics-Lab.com Community

need hlep on designing reciver. ASAP...

hello
i know everyone is probly tired of hearing my project problems, but you have helped soo much..even added this community in my acknowledgment page..but i need help on this reciver.. ok i have a freq.  comming in i need a chip or something that will test this freq and if it is a certin freq( one i can chage for differnt values) then it will turn on a relay. Also when the relay has power going to it. it will send power to a chip that will send out a freq....
i attached a picture of what i mean becuase iam not good at writing :)  but i need any help you can give... at least in parts whise i can find the connections and programming for them. thanks,
glen.

ps i knwo its thanksgiving but i would really appraite your help :) Happy Holidays

post-6818-14279142531488_thumb.jpg

Hi Eceto,
You need a radio receiver but you don't say the frequency nor how sensitive it must be.

What's the relay for? You want a voltage to come from the receiver when it detects a transmission, so why can't that voltage actvate the new transmitter directly?
There are ways to activate electronic circuits without touching their power supply, called gating.

You also need a radio transmitter but don't say its frequency nor how powerful it must be.

iam sorry i forgot not everyone can read my mind :D 

okok..this is not a radio reciver. this is a unit that will turn on the relay when the wire going to the input has the same freq as A (A being equal to any freq. i want to set it to.) The power from the relay will turn on a led but also will be the signal high to another chip that will send out freq B (B being a constant freq which i can set it up to be)

now the circuit can be different ...i just need this operation to happen...

here is a little more detal ..

iam sending say 900hz to this input freq. the chip is set to only accept 955hz. so when i send 955hz  the chip will turn on and trigger the relay which will turn on the led.. the relay will also be the input to another chip that will send say the freq 960hz back ... does this help...now the freq has to be adjustable because i only want one reciver to come on per frq.

say i got 4 of these recivers.
one will turn on if it recives 900hz
and return 940hz

one will turn on if it recives 1000hz
and return 1040hz

one will turn on if it recives 1100hz
and return 1140hz

one will turn on if it recives 1200hz
and return 1240hz

hope this helps...thanks
glen

hello,
              i was hopeing you could explain this a llittle better for me...for example how do i adjust it to find a freq. that i want. is it by changing the caps? i attached the pinlay out for that chip.

second i dont know if the square wave would work because on the other end i have a freq. to voltage converter so i can convert the freq to a voltage.  and if you think it will work.  could you post a simple circuit?
thanks
glen

post-6818-14279142533443_thumb.jpg