Electronics-Lab.com Community

tv tuner box with coax to component?

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a projector and would like to be able to watch certain things on it from normal tv, ie concerts, sports etc.  The projector has no input for a coax lead and no built in tuner, so one option would be to run the coax through an old tv or video and then output via component/s-vid to the projector.  however this is quite bulky and would look silly in my new home theatre.

What I want is some sort of tuner i can plug the aerial coax into and then output the tv channels to the projector.

Anyone have ideas how i could accomplish this, if possible?

Cheers
PR

The store where you bought your projector should have a TV tuner for your part of the world.
Regular old TV or new high definition?
Regular old analog modulation or new digital?

I'll have to go have a look, hopefully they wont be too expensive.  We dont have Digital tv here yet, other than sky, so im just after plain old analog.

Might see if i can pick up an old vcr and take it out of that, though im a bit dubious to as i dont know anything about them.  Would it still need to be powered for it to work? I guess it would..