Electronics-Lab.com Community

Dancing LEDs 9V (Guitar Hero Project)

The project I am currently working on is converting a burnt out and partially destroyed Ibanez guitar into a Guitar Hero (PS2 game) controller. The cleanup work is still mainly in the planning stages but the work on the guitar has already begun.

One of the cleanup work projects will be to add LED lights that "dance" to sound input whenever they are turned on. Most of this work has been done mainly by the good graces of people on Gaia Online who are far more skilled than I at designing circuits (I was forced to abandon my studies shortly before beginning getting into parallel circuitry).

The attached file is a working .jpg of the integral circuit. The idea seems sound as it is a mishmash of two other projects using 9V batteries. The questions proposed now are:

1.) Would this actually work?
2.) Could I put three of these together onto a 0V bar to allow them to work off of one switch?
3.) Is there any way to get an general expected battery life from these figures?