Electronics-Lab.com Community

How to increase wifi speed

ilianaboone

Hello everyone,

I recently encountered a problem. My home ISP (Internet Service Provider) provides a high-speed Internet connection of 200Mbps, but when I connect to WiFi, the speed is only about 50Mbps. This confuses me because I expect to be able to take full advantage of the high-speed internet I paid for.

I've tried a few things to increase WiFi speed, including moving the device closer to the router, making sure the router isn't blocked by objects, and also trying using the 5GHz band. However, the speed is not significantly improved.

I would like to ask friends on the forum if there are any other methods that I can try to improve the WiFi connection speed. Do I need to replace the router or take other steps to resolve this issue?

Hello, I am  not very knowledgeable on wifi routers so I can not offer much help. This web site maybe helpful:Improve Your Wi-Fi Speed in 10 Simple Steps

On my Frontier router if you type into the browser a certain number/code it brings up a rather sophisticated  user interface which maybe helpful to you if you can find the code for your router.