Electronics-Lab.com Community

First PCB wiring setup.. would like assistance checking my steps

So I am setting up something like a two team trivia buzzer, only using an LED in place of the buzzer. The goal is to have whichever button is pressed first light up it's corresponding LED and prevent the other LED from lighting up at the same time even if the second button is being pressed. I set up the steps/connections I think are correct, and would like help making sure before I start wiring and soldering. This is what I have:

Components:

• Two Two-Terminal Buttons (Red and Green).
  • Two Omron G5V-1-DC5 Relays.
  • Two LEDs (Red and Green).
  • One CR2032 Coin Cell Battery.
  • Universal PCB (7x9 Double-Sided)
  • Wiring and connections.

Wiring Steps:

Button Wiring:

1. Connect Lead a (Red Button) to Coil1 (Omron G5V-1-DC5 Relay 1).
  2. Connect Lead a (Green Button) to Coil2 (Omron G5V-1-DC5 Relay 2).
  3. Connect Lead b (Common Connection) from both buttons to the positive terminal of the battery (Common).

LED Wiring:

4. Connect Lead j (Negative Terminal of Red LED) to Ground (GND) on the PCB.

1. Connect Lead k (Positive Terminal of Red LED) to NO1 (Normally Open) on Relay 1.
  2. Insert a 50-ohm current-limiting resistor in series with Lead k (Positive Terminal of Red LED), connecting one leg of the resistor to Lead k and the other leg to NO1 on Relay 1.
  3. Connect Lead l (Negative Terminal of Green LED) to Ground (GND) on the PCB.
  4. Connect Lead m (Positive Terminal of Green LED) to NO2 (Normally Open) on Relay 2.

Relay Wiring:

10. Connect Common1 on Relay 1 to the positive terminal of the battery (Coin Cell Battery) to provide power for the Red LED.

1. Connect Common2 on Relay 2 to the positive terminal of the battery (Coin Cell Battery) to provide power for the Green LED.

I do not see the connections to relay's NC contacts for each LED. The red LED most get its current through the NC contacts of the Green LED's relay.  And the green LED must get its current through the NC contacts of the red LED's relay. Thus when one relay is active the other LED can not receive current through the the now open NC contacts.