Electronics-Lab.com Community

ISA Bus oscilloscope Project

hi
I have designed an ISA Bus and we have a D/A and eveyrthing is ready to make a Pc Based oscilloscope but the problem i dont know how to write a program to control this ISA
i want to Program an application that works on Windows in VB or may be Borland C++
can u provide me with some sample codes
thanx

How is the A/D reading the input? I mean is it placing the signal on the parallel port, serial port or where? Or did you assign it an IRQ?
I am not sure that even with this information I will be able to help, but I think this information will be needed in order to get you the help you need. The ISA bus has many terminations and it is not clear what you have connect to on this card.

MP

I would guess that the timing is the most important aspect. What is the C function for a delay? You will probably need quite an interface for the computer. The rate of the A/D would not coincide with the computer. Can anybody suggest an interface device. Would this be the job of a PIC? Doesn't a PIC need to be preprogrammed to handle a specific slower device. These are just guesses.