Electronics-Lab.com Community

transformer parts

Hello, I'm building a small DC circuit that takes a car battery and turns it into a high voltage, low amp pulse.  It has a couple transformers in it that I am having trouble finding or finding parts for.  One is a simple step up that would take a 22A, 300 V signal and convert to 220mA, 30000V. 
The other is really fancy, it involves a "standard half-cup ferrite core 36/22-341" and a "coil former 4322-021-30390."  The secondary coil is center tapped, 380 turns.
It has three primaries; two are wound together 9 turns, one is 4 turns and center tapped.

I did find some 30guage enamel wire, but I'm not sure if I could use a toroid core or some other kind.  Any suggestions for sources or substitutions?

Hi DocOc,
Welcome to our forum. ;D
You are talking about 6600W you know. That's a lot of power, and a 12V car battery will blow-up with the circuit's 550A from it. What are you going to use to switch 550A into a transformer to step it up to 300V at 22A?

If you ever manage to get 300V at 22A from somewhere, 30 guage wire would vaporise with 22A through it.

I think the transformers' cores would saturate at such high currents.

What do you have that uses 6600W at 30,000V?

• 4 weeks later...