Electronics-Lab.com Community

Getting a high pitch with my device to record phone conversation.

LegendBreath

Hi LegendBreath,
Turn off the TV next time you record. I hear lotsa stuff going-on on your recording.
I can identify the sounds from most things, but I wonder where the flute playing comes from.

Audio equipment needs shielded audio cables to avoid interference like you have, and the transformer might also need a shield.
Instead of running the wires from a wall to the phone, try connecting the capacitors to the red and green wires in the phone's jack. A phone line is about 52VDC when not in use so use capacitors rated for at least 63V. ;D

post-1706-1427914247288_thumb.png

Hi LegendBreath,
Turn off the TV next time you record. I hear lotsa stuff going-on on your recording.
I can identify the sounds from most things, but I wonder where the flute playing comes from.

Audio equipment needs shielded audio cables to avoid interference like you have, and the transformer might also need a shield.
Instead of running the wires from a wall to the phone, try connecting the capacitors to the red and green wires in the phone's jack. A phone line is about 52VDC when not in use so use capacitors rated for at least 63V. ;D

Lol the TV and flute... probably from the girl I was speaking with :P
I'll try alone to see what it does...

And what the... me, swearing in background???

Thanks alot :D

• 4 months later...