Electronics-Lab.com Community

help!! AD595 Project

avionic

Hi,my first post here,
Im just looking for a bit of help with a project,im building a thermocouple using the AD595 IC powered from a 9V battery,i have a problem with 2 things,1 is the circuit must have a timer built in so it will automatically shut off after about 10 mins,i tried the 4060 IC but no result,can anyone help with this?? The second problem is looking for a single rail op amp which is to amplify the output of the AD595 to the display im using (OEM22),Would the AD8565 or LM324 be suitable??

Thanks

hi thanks for the reply,
well the thing is all i have set up is the ad595 in single supply config,i have to design the rest but i have some of the data sheets for the AD595,
http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=ad595&meta=

Pin 9 will be fed to the op amp i am looking for.but i need to find the correct op amp.

yea thanks ive that done.now the probelm is driving the display,im using the OEM22 3.5 LCD or maybe the OEM24L(http://documents.rs-components.com/rs-bin/RightSite.dll/getcontent/data.pdf?DMW_FORMAT=pdf&DMW_OBJECTID=0900766b80657512&DMW_DOCBASE=techlib)
.Both work on full scale deflection from 0 to 200mV,so above 20 degrees on the thermocouple im just going to get a 1 on the lcd screen???how can i fix this?

avionic,
Don't be discouraged if you find it does not have the jumpers. Most do.
If yours does not have the jumpers, please note that the jumpers are just connections to on-board resistors for a voltage divider.
In the case of no jumpers, it is a simple matter of using a voltage divider as audioguru suggested. Either way, you achieve the same goal.

MP