Electronics-Lab.com Community

Transistor BF 494

i wish to ask again  :-[ :-[ :-[ i am not good in electronics  :-[ :-[ :-[ can i for the schematic  of veronica 1w pll pro use 2N2219 or 2N3553 or something equvalent instead of the BF494??? my local shop has nt  BF494 or BF 184 thanks a lot :-[ :-[ :-[

and can anyone suggest a page for transistor equivalent plzzzzzzz

Hello Mettula
  I am new to electronics too and understanding the difference in transistors is a project all in its own. I found the data sheet for the BF494 and will post it. And try to come up with something for. Boy wish I could find data sheets for my collection or transistors.
                          good luck
                                    gogo

42501001.pdf

Thanks audioguru
            I will give a try. Right now I am in hot persuit of info on a power transister  SK  B1382. Just because I have one and I want to see what it can do. I hope that makes sense.
                                    Thanks gogo

Thanks audioguru
    I didn't find it at data sheetarchive, but I did a search string on 2sk1382 and found the data sheet at
http://katalog.elektroda.net/indx450-2SK.html
  nice I got it. With your help
                                  Thank You
                                        gogo

e001347.pdf

Hello Staigen
    Your right about the BF494< I checked mouser and they have it for 20 cents.
        I check the data sheets on th 2SB1382 wow what a difference between it and the 2SK1382. The transistor Has SK under lined on top of the part number, So I am guessing that it was made by Sanken.
                                              Thank You
                                                  gogo

Hi mettula

Where in the world are you living, the BF494 is one of the most common HF-transistors in the world! ;D

//Staigen

Staigen i live in Gozo a sister island of Malta - here few are in the rf field and many times for a school project or hobby we have to import components from abroad which makes projects expensive. some shops do provide help but sometimes this forum helps better  ;D ;D ;D