Electronics-Lab.com Community

Is bluetooth safe?

A point worth  thinking is that they say that cell phone radiation is harmfull for health (still a debatable topic) but what about bluetooth technology. they are advertiseing for use of bluetooth accesories like headsets for phones but do you know that bluetooth uses the spectrum of 2.4Ghz similar to the freq used by a microwave oven! :o althoughthe power is very small in a bluetooth device but what will be it effects in the long term. As the formula goes E(energy)=h(Planck's constant)*v(frequency), higher freq means higher energy. whats ur opinion? ??? 

There are some values issued by the authority who tells us when it’s dangerous but the accumulated influence is not possible to know.  No one can answer this for another 10 to 15 years when we have had time to study the effects and diagnosed the users! :o

Take Care! ;)

i agree with u guys that until there is enough data one cannot predict any thing. Bluetooth is surely the thing today, u have bluetooth applications not only for mobiles but even for computers like bluetooth enabled printers and even i home audio u have bluetooth headphones which can be hooked up to a mobile phone mp3 player or a conventional audio system with a external Bluetooth transmitter. u can also set up a small area LAN using bluetooth dongles (small bluetooth Tx with connect to ur PCs USB ports) and u can access the internet using this technology. WiFi is an extension of Blue tooth which provides wireless internet access over a small area with high data transfer rates. Bluetooth was initially for a small range of 10m for mobiles. try out www.bluetooth.com

Sure, RF's influence in human's health still not determined. Who knows.....

But one thing is, if I have a child, I will not use any RF devices near him/her.

There is also some similar product to bluetooth, like zigbee. But I don't think it will be another technology trend.

I am waiting for UWB wireless USB, where I think in the following few years, it will be a very hot topic.

I agree with u Trigger, the effect of RF on human's health is still not determined. with the advancement of technology, most RF communication systems are moving to the higher frequencies as they provide u with higher bandwidths. i bought a panasonic cordless phone a few days back ans even that operates in the 2.4 Ghz range. there r a number of such devices in the market and are usually sold under the name of giga set or giga range. earlier i had a casio 2000 cordless phone and it worked in the range near 4 MHz. it was a sturdy set and provided me with good service for about 5-6 yrs. newer technology surely brings in new problems with it ;) 

Sure, RF's influence in human's health still not determined. Who knows.....

But one thing is, if I have a child, I will not use any RF devices near him/her.

There is also some similar product to bluetooth, like zigbee. But I don't think it will be another technology trend.

I am waiting for UWB wireless USB, where I think in the following few years, it will be a very hot topic.

Does this mean you will stop using your computer???? It probably radiates more RF than a bluetooth device. There is so much radiation floating around these days. All the power wires running through your house and out in the street.

Does this mean you will stop using your computer???? It probably radiates more RF than a bluetooth device. There is so much radiation floating around these days. All the power wires running through your house and out in the street.

If your computer and monitor is properly grounded very little RF should leak out. When using WiFi, cell phones or Bluetooth there are antennas for the purpose of emitting RF around you house and through your head! ;)
There are lots of fumes and gases in the air, why not smoke cigarettes too? ;)