Electronics-Lab.com Community

RC Car

IljaPlayerP

Hi Ilja,
Sure we know how to make your electric car go faster:
1) Replace its motor with a more powerful one. It will probably use a higher battery voltage which will burn out the existing motor. The new motor will be bigger and won't fit.
2) Replace the battery with a higher voltage one. The radio receiver will then need a circuit to reduce the voltage down to the same as before.
3) Replace the electronic circuit that drives the motor because the new motor's higher power will burn out the original circuit.
4) Replace the wiring between the electronic circuit that drives the motor, and the motor.
5) Use larger battery cells because the original cells won't last long with the higher power to the new motor. The bigger battery won't fit.

Simple, isn't it? Try to make a real car go faster.

Try using/ playing around with different gears?
You'll have to trade speed for torque or torque for speed

or tires?
different friction

Try varying the capacitor that's in parallel with the motors?
No idea what those caps are for, but who cares

Or just short some resistors?

Have FUN!!!!!
;D

Or just take off everything that you see as unnessacary!!!

They weigh the car down and slows..... them down.......................
[move]
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D[/move]

Well that would be not so simple...and i think i can't put other motor in it...
how to push this motor to be more powerfull?

There are a lot of things to consider to make an electric car faster. They are not so simple:
Using a battery with a higher voltage will push the existing motor to be more powerful. But the higher voltage will burn out the motor, its electronic drive circuit and the rasdio receiver. The higher voltage will cause the motor's current to be higher, therefore the battery won't last as long unless its cells are bigger than now. The bigger battery will weigh more and cause the new speed to be less than you think.

Hey, look what i found on net, but i don't really understand this guy...can you explain to ma what is he trying to say???

MAKE YOUR CAR FASTER, WITHOUT ANY UPGRADES

For electric cars, break-in the electric motor before
running the car. Break-in seats the commutator brushes and
lessens the friction between the armature shaft and the
bearings or bushings at both ends of the motor.

The result is a faster and more powerful electric motor.

There are many "techniques" for breaking-in a motor. My
personal guideline is to break in the motor by using a 3-volt
supply and running the motor for 2 hours or until the brushes
have "seated" or conformed to the shape of the armature.
Make sure you keep the motor cool during the break-in
process.

This should be worth 10 - 20% increase in power.

==========================================
so did you understanded?

hey audioguru i considered that changing the whole engine would be the best option for me...so i will go to an electronics shop and ask them if they have bigger, stronger, more powerfull motor...and if they do, i will put it in the car, and it will go faster, no?

i wanted to push this one to the max, and if it burned i would change it, but i'll just put a new one, and if something goes wrong, i will still have the orginal motor, right? :)
So thanks to all of you guys for your time and knowleage...
and especially audioguru for the fast replies :)
see ya!

hey audioguru i considered that changing the whole engine would be the best option for me...so i will go to an electronics shop and ask them if they have bigger, stronger, more powerfull motor...and if they do, i will put it in the car, and it will go faster, no?

A bigger motor won't fit.
The battery would also need to have more voltage and more current and also wouldn't fit.
The electronics and wiring that drives the motor would also need to be re-made to pass the higher current.
Then the car would be so heavy that it might not go fast.

i wanted to push this one to the max, and if it burned i would change it, but i'll just put a new one, and if something goes wrong, i will still have the orginal motor, right?

Of course the motor will burn if you try to get more power from it than the amount for which it was designed for.