Electronics-Lab.com Community

Please help me to build-up this circuit

Guest Digonto

Guest Digonto

Hi,
I have a lot of interest in Electronics . I have made 1 year special course in Electronics & Mobile . So, I don't know so much Theory-laws and rules like you . I have found a circuit in your site . That is IR Toggle switch . With my Few basic concepts - I tried to modified it as to meet my own needs . But I am not sure - have I done it correctly or not ?? So, I uploading this diagram to you . Please - with a little patience watch this whole circuit diagram and tell me - is it OK or need to more modification ? If I need to modify - then where and what will be that parts ? I have added here 767 X 688 resolution diagram and also attached higher resolution (1535 X 1376) JPG and a save copy by sPlan7.0 in "IR switch.RAR" File . If you have any problem to see this screenshot then download that "IR switch.RAR" File . I have used two Zener diode - One is 9.1V for IC Power and trigger to IC and to drive 6V 100R Relay , and another is 5.1V for TSOP 1738 .

In this circuit, I have used - First Relay (Rel1) for Light Only . The second Relay (Rel2) for Fan Only . And Thrid Relay (Rel3) for both Light and Fan Together .

And Is Capacitor C1 225K 400V correct for giving sufficient current to the circuit and can I remove the R6 (10K) from the T1 - as I am using there a Load (LED1) ?

Please watch my diagram and give me a prove decision .

- Thanks

post-0-1427914431483_thumb.jpg

IR_Switch.rar

You should use a power transformer because your circuit is dangerous.
Transistor T1 will never turn off because the TSOP1738 output goes high to +5V and the emitter of T1 is at +9.1V.
Operate the CD4017 and the emitter of T1 at +5V from a little 78L05 regulator so that T1 can work properly. The relays can operate from a +7V or +8V unregulated supply that feeds the 78L05.

Why do your relays have such a low coil resistance? The driver transistors might not have enough base current to saturate with such a high collector current.

Guest Digonto

Firstly Thanks a lot both of you for your reply and valuable suggestion .

Audioguru I am agree with you . I don't also like the transformerless PSU . But look at the china products . They are using transformerless PSU without any hassels for their most their products. But I choose the transformerless PSU here due to decrease the weight of circuit . I want to pack the circuit in a slim Plastic box and hang it on wall . As my diagram - this circuit weight would not exceed more than 40 - 50 gram and I can pack it in a slim Plastic box and hang it wall very easily . If I use a transformer 9V 600mA then it's weight would be 300 to 400 gram and I could not pack it in slim box and hang it on wall would be difficult . This is why I choose the transformerless PSU .

As 225K capacitor cann't supply the sufficient power - so, I have used the two 225K in parallel to increase the current . And as far as I know, This Prarallel 225K can give 350mA current . Is this current sufficient to drive relay . Actually I don't know how much current needed to drive 6v to 12V relay . can u give me a datasheet of 6v-12V SPDT Relay ??

And as your instruction - I have added a 78L05 for better protection of TSOP and CD4017 .

And Hero999 - I have used two relays for Light because the third relay (rel3) will work for both Light and Fan together . And I have used D3 and D5 for reverse current protection . You are saying to use TRIAC . But I don't know how to design the TRIAC - this is the problem to me  :(

I have modified the diagram again as your instruction . Please see this modified diagram and plz tell me - is it OK or need to modify more ??

- Thanks

post-0-14279144315037_thumb.jpg

Guest Digonto

Thanks Audioguru . I hope this circuit is now OK . Now the matter is only Transformer . Will I use 9V 600mA Transformer ? Will 9V 600mA transformer sufficient for this circuit ? And how much current needed for Relay ?? And Plz share a better datasheet for Relay .

Lastly - Can I remove the R6 (10K) from the T1 - as I am using there a Load (LED1) ?

- Thanks

I told you before: you only need one relay to power the light, a total of two relays.

Yes, a 9V 600mA transformer will do.

The current consumption of the relays can be calculate using Ohm's law.

There are many other redundant components in the circuit . I've removed them all.

Here's the latest schematic.

The LEDs will be very dim and hardly light at all so I's recommend replacing the CD4017 with the 74HC4017 and reducing the LED series resistors (R7 to R12) to 220R.

Guest Digonto

Oooohhhhhhhh !! :o Your circuit is 10 times better than me . It is totally professional ciruit designing . I am really impressed .  :) Thanks Hero999, thanks thanks thanks a lot . You are really hero of Electronics .

Guest Digonto

After Googling about TRIAC , I learn something from some tutorial . If I want to use TRIAC instead of Relay then "MT1" will be connected with AC input and "MT2" will be output and will connect with Load (Fan & Light) and Gate will be connected with IC . Am I right ?? For this 230V Purposes we can use "BT136" Triac . Is it ??

And If we use TRIAC in this circuit then we can use "Transformerless PSU" instead of "Transformer PSU" . Am I right ??

Guest Digonto

But sir can I use TRIAC in the circuit as I have described in my above Post ?? Can I use in that above method ? Please reply . I am waiting for your kind reply .........

Guest Digonto

oooohhhhh !! Audioguru please don't confuse me ! :) "if the triac is sensitive enough" - then What ????? Why are you fearing me ? :( You know I hardly know about Triac . If my above method is not correct then which is the correct . Just tell me how it will be connect ......

- thanks audioguru for your reply :)

Just use a mains transformer and relays. Using triacs means having ro use a transformerless power supply which isn't very safe because the whole circuit is at mains potential. With a transformer only the primary of the transformer, relay contacts, light and fan are at mains potential. If you don't understand how to use a TRIAC then you probably don't have enough knowledge and experiance to build the circuit with a transformerless power supply.

Guest Digonto

Hero and Audioguru thanks a lot both of you . Now I am absolutely ready to build-up this circuit with relay . Again Thanks a lot for your best co-operative and friendly help . I may come again to disturb you with some new circuit & ideas ! :)

Guest Digonto

@Digonto
how do you draw such a nice circuit diagram?please let me know
Thanks!

Just with Abacom sPlan 7.0 dude . ;)

http://www.abacom-online.de/uk/html/demoversionen.html