Electronics-Lab.com Community

Amol Takane

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/26/2017 at 8:08 PM, Soldertraining said:

A power supply is an electronic device which supplies electric energy to an electrical load. Can anyone tell me what is the minimum power required 1 ton AC.

The AC's power consumption depends on its star rating. Every 1 ton of cooling power (commonly known as heat removed by a 1 ton AC in one hour) is also expressed as 3516 watts. Hence 1.0 ton AC will be rated at at-least 3516 Watts

A 1 Ton AC of 5-star rating consumes around 1000 to 1050 watts of power per hour, working at full capacity. A unit of power is termed as one KW and is 1000 watts.

If the AC is installed for the domestic bedroom, it consumes up to 65% of the rated power input, in general.

• 3 months later...
On 2/22/2017 at 3:36 PM, Amol Takane said:

How i can build transformer less circuit for 10 Volt 1000 Ampere Power supply.

Considering safety first, I would strongly ask you to stay out of transformeerless power supply, if you are a beginner in electronics.

Also I assume that your intention is to build a 10V 1000mA DC power supply and not a 1000A one as it sounds bizarre. 

The most simple transformer less power supply you can build is using a X-rated capacitor. You can find these type of circuits in mobile charger and AC LED bulbs. They are not very efficient but they do their job and is very cheap and easy to build.

Since the circuit deals with AC power directly there are not many practical demonstrations online, but I was able to find this then https://circuitdigest.com/electronic-circuits/transformerless-power-supply

As I said it uses a X-rated capacitor and converts 220V AC to 6V DC. The output current rating and voltage rating of the circuit depends on the value of the X-rated capacitor you choose. For your purpose if you need 10V you can use a 334k vale capacitor. I am not able to find a X-rated capacitor for 1A value so I am not sure of it is available. May be someone else might help you with that. 

• 3 weeks later...