Electronics-Lab.com Community

pressure sensor help...

Guest Yevgenip

Well, in your case the best sensor will be one that will actualy send a pulse when the pressure goes over a certain level - but I don't know if you have one.
If the sensor changes it's resistance then connect one end to a power supply and the other to a schmit trigger that will activate your timer.

Good Luck!

well, what i want is to send a pulse through a 'U' Shaped pipe filled with water.

And at the other end of the pipe, i would want to detect the pulse and calculate the time taken for the pulse to travel to the other end.

So currently, my difficulty is finding out about the sensor that will detect the pulse.

As for the pulse i am thinking of using compressed air as the pulse or is there a better way??

thanks

I just thought of something else to add, if you use two probes at the bottom of whatever it is you drop in the water. The water will act as a switch, a conductor linking the two probes electrically triggering the start of the event, and the Hall affects sensor indicating the end.

can you sponser the sonar system...hehhehe... ;D

well i think it does not work as the pipe is not straight and somwtimes it is bent and so the sonar is "deflected" so it is not accurate. i figure that by using a timer i can calculate the time taken and speed, so i can measure the distance for it.

thanks...

however, my current idea is to use a electric pulse as described above. Any comments on it?

thanks alot