Electronics-Lab.com Community

PCM Speech CODEC

Hi All, I'm currently doing a project for college, Design of Switched capacitor filters
for a PCM Speech CODEC.  I am to use a biphase clock to drive the switches on the capacitor. This is where my problems begin. I do not know how to design a biphase clock, I was told to use a johnson counter, but when I implemented this it just gave me 2 signals in phase.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Clueless,
Switched capacitor filter ICs use a "non-overlapping clock generator". I don't know how to make one easily using a Johnson Counter like a CD4018, maybe it needs two cascaded CD4018 counters. Please post your Johnson Counter defective bi-phase clock circuit so we can troubleshoot it.

post-1706-14279142184717_thumb.gif

I'm using a 2 D type flip flop's. I dunno if my diagram will appear, hopefully it will, i'm new to all this. The chip i'm using is a 74LS74, i'm using a 10K square wave pulse. If my diagram posts, I was originally using the  output C1 from between Q1 and D2. I have now changed it bit I think my power supply has decided to act up so i'll get back to you when I figure it out.