Electronics-Lab.com Community

4017 Problem

I don't think so, just connect the last output (9 I think) to the input so another 4017 and it will count every 10 pulses, so you'll have a 0 to 100 counter, is this what you wanted?

MP is correct, I was wrong about the 100 counts part although you can make a /100 counter it won't have 100 outputs it'd have two 0-9 outputs, one representing 10s and the other units.

Ofcourse is not that simple. You know what happend when you connect last stage of 1st one to first stage of 2nd one? First IC gonna count normaly, but the  2nd one will run 10 TIMES SLOWER, cuz the 1st one will only triger 2nd one when 1st one is on the last stage (that's why 10 TIMES). So, Please help me!

See audioguru's post.

The only thing is two 4017s give you 17 outputs, if you want 20 you'll need to use three and connect the reset to the output 3 of the last counter (remember output 0 isn't used).
index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4695.0;i

If you use a 4011 you could save yourself the 555, four diodes and two resistors.

No, A 4011 has NAND gates. You need a 4081 or 74C08 which have AND gates, and you would still need an oscillator.
I've never tried making a Wien-bridge oscillator from an AND gate or non-inverting buffer, it might work since they have lotsa gain. ;D

Silly me getting my NANDs and ANDs mixed up!

I think an oscilator made with AND gates might latch up due to the high gain, I wonder if a phase shift oscillator is possible using lots of resistors and capacitors. ;D

• 4 months later...