Jump to content
Electronics-Lab.com Community

Fixed current power supply 100A DC

Recommended Posts

You could rewind the secondary 5Volts (or 3.3V) in a computer PSU to 2Volts (or which voltage you want) and boost the rectifier circuit. You have to arrange a shunt and some feedback to the regulator circuit to obtain a constant current.
There are different ways to do this but these are heavier and more expensive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

But 1 micro ohm and 100A gives you .1mV. You said you have a mV meter.

Seems like a better meter would be an "easier road", than the cost and trouble of constructing a 100A source (these current levels are not easy to deal with). Contact resistance and wire IR drop come into consideration REALLY FAST!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello nametc3,

To measure R in uOhm range KELVIN bridge is used. It uses meter movement (as your v-meter) to detect the test resistense arainst a variable known R.

If u plan I-surce V-meter then even the connecting wires can add up to many more u-ohms. Its not practical approach at this level of R.

Search www for more on Kelvin Bridge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...