Electronics-Lab.com Community

Modify existing project

Tinker Unique

Viewed the 10 rotating (chasing) LED's on a CD with 9v. supply. - Nice. Would like the schematic modifications ( if needed ) for a 12v auto supply AND if a couple the LED's listed could be doubled and work the same.  >> Lighting a 'dragons breath (flame) to appear as if it was 'active" in a resin spare tire cover to be activated when the stop light comes on.

Viewed the 10 rotating (chasing) LED's on a CD with 9v. supply. - Nice. Would like the schematic modifications ( if needed ) for a 12v auto supply AND if a couple the LED's listed could be doubled and work the same.  >> Lighting a 'dragons breath (flame) to appear as if it was 'active" in a resin spare tire cover to be activated when the stop light comes on.

We don't know which chaser project you are talking about. Please post a link to it.
Using a chaser of LEDs on the back of a motor vehicle might be illegal.

A very similiar project is posted as a 3v chasing circuit. Was dropped from 7. to 3v using two batteries / driving 10 LED's. The project I have in mind will be on/in a fibreglas/ casting resin spare tire cover with a dragon "blowing" flame, and will only be lighted when the brake light is on ( 3d brake light ). And could be activated in/for car shows. It will not be 'that bright' but will be seen mostly during night driving. I have a 555 and 1470 IC and use Rasdio Shack LED's in craft projects sometimes with a resistor using 2 AA batteries. I can get 12v LED's for the dragon. I've seen where the IC's can handle the 12v supply OR use a resistor.

I am the designer of the 3V and 6V chaser projects.
They are designed to use low battery voltage and operate with extremely low average current so that a little battery lasts for a long time. Many extra parts are used to reduce the average current but still allow bright flashes.

A much simpler circuit will work from a car battery and the average current will be too high for a little battery but will be fine for a car.

You can use a 555 for the oscillator that clocks a CD4017 IC that has 10 outputs in sequence. Two to four LEDs can be connected in series to each output. Diodes and transistors are not needed.

I don't know what is a "1470" IC.