Electronics-Lab.com Community

Transformer data

hubble

Hi, I have an image of the transformer and I need to understand the data written on it. It seems to have three secondary windings. Here is the photo:

20120624_135504_horz.jpg

What does this S1+S2=15V? Is the 15V shared between these two windings or is it the voltage rating for an individual winding? Is it same for the current rating as well?

Thanks.

Thanks Hero999. Can you tell me where I can find these types of transformers? This transformer is used in a control card of a weaving machine. Also, is there a way to know which pins correspond to which secondary? I mean which secondary is rated to which current? All I know about this transformer is 1-2 is primary, 3-4 no pins, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10 are three secondary windings.

Thanks Hero999. Can you tell me where I can find these types of transformers?

It's not a standard part. Most transformers have mains voltage primary (typically 110V or 230V) not 24V.

This transformer is used in a control card of a weaving machine. Also, is there a way to know which pins correspond to which secondary? I mean which secondary is rated to which current? All I know about this transformer is 1-2 is primary, 3-4 no pins, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10 are three secondary windings.

Yes, it should be easy to measure them with a multimeter: the secondary with the highest current rating should have the lowest DC resistance.