Banana Pi M2 Magic, Smallest Banana Pi Board
Sinovoip had announced its new board Banana Pi M2 Magic. At first, it is an ARM SoC development board that features a high computing performance in a 51mm square portable design. In addition to onboard WiFi and Bluetooth, M2 Magic offers 8GB eMMc storage and DDR3 SDRAM of 512 MB. There is also an SD card slot for more storage, to install an OS for example.
Banana Pi M2 Magic specifications:
- SoC: Allwinner R16 or Allwinner A33, quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 processor with ARM Mali 400 MP2 GPU
- System Memory: 512MB DDR3
- Storage: 8 GB eMMC flash (option: 16, 32 or 64GB) + micro SD slot
- Display Interface: 4-lane MIPI DSI connector
- Camera Interface: CSI connector supporting up to 5MP sensor, 1080p30 H.265 video capture
- Video Decoder: Multi-format FHD video decoding, including Mpeg1/2, Mpeg4, H.263, H.264, etc H.264 high profile 1080p@60fps
- Audio: Onboard microphone
- Connectivity: Wifi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE (AP6212)
- USB: 1x USB 2.0 host, 1x micro USB 2.0 OTG port
- Expansion: 40-pin header with GPIOs, UART, I2C, SPI, PWM…
- Misc: Reset & power buttons, RGB LEDs,
- Power Supply:
- 5V @ 2A via DC power barrel
- 3.7V Lithium battery support
- Dimensions: 51 x 51 mm
- Weight: 40 grams
Alongside the processor and the memory at the front side of the board, you will find a 40-pin GPIO header, a DSI display slot, an Antenna connector, a CSI camera slot, a USB OTG adapter, a USB2.0 port, a microphone and a DC power jack. On the rear side, there is an antenna, a PMIC AXP223, a battery interface and a microSD card slot.
This board is oriented for IoT applications in general. Since there is no HDMI interface, M2 Magic is suitable for headless use, or you can use the MIPI DSI display interface to connect a screen. It also doesn’t have an Ethernet interface, so you will have to use WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity.
The board will run Tina IoT Linux, which is a lightweight Linux distribution optimized for Allwinner R-Series processor.
Both A33 and R16 versions are available in the market. A33 version is for $23, while R16 is for $28. You can get it from any global distributor or cooperative partner of Banana Pi products. Finally, you can reach more information and data at the official wiki.
Join 97,426 other subscribers