Electronics-Lab.com Community

Garage door Status Indicator

sasha, I think they are kidding with you a bit. Please look in our projects section for wireless circuits. There are some in there. At the top of the page is a link to the projects section. If these are not what you are looking for, try the web with key words Infrared transciever or IR transciever.

MP

Guest Yevgenip

All right then, you can use a simple radio transmitter/reciver mechanism (I don't have one, am posting for one myself).
Or use infrared interface.

Really, check out the projects section, there are tons of IR.

Thanks guys!!!

Well, first of all, there is no clear path between transmitter and receiver, like a car or wise ass ;D

I think I will go with wires then. What do I need to make a hole in the wall? ???

Kidding...

So I will have to make some kind of a switch and blinking circuit inside the house... I will post some ideas later on, please check it out, ok? :-\ Thank you!

I personally would recommend against a switch dependant on the garage door opener's operation. I would recomment placing something along the lines of 6" to 12" of strip magnet on the door and a reed switch on the inside frame. This way if someone were to pull the release and open the door bypassing the opener you would still know the actual state of the door.

I've worked on similar issues before where a keypad was placed outside to open the garage without key or remote and if for any reason they got out of sync you'd end up having to type in your code to close the door but pressing one button would open it...