Hi all
I have an idea. I would like to build a device that monitors a horses state of health. The device will use a small electrode to measure if a horse is sweating. I don't need to know how much he is sweating just is he or isn't he.
My idea was to create a simple circuit that would power an electrode. If the horse is sweating then the supply will flow across the sweat (damp skin) to the receiving electrode. This voltage would then be measured using a picaxe. If he readadc is above a certain level then a LED lights.
I have been told this circuit will result in damage to the electrodes over time. I was also wondering, won't this circuit also consume a lot of battery power?
My questions are
Is there an easy and more efficient way todo this.
How could I improve the reliability of such a device.
How could I increase or decrease the sensitivity.
Thanks for reading and any help you might give.
JPU
Ps I'll upload schematics and code in the morning. I cant do it on an iPad!!!!!
I have an idea. I would like to build a device that monitors a horses state of health. The device will use a small electrode to measure if a horse is sweating. I don't need to know how much he is sweating just is he or isn't he.
My idea was to create a simple circuit that would power an electrode. If the horse is sweating then the supply will flow across the sweat (damp skin) to the receiving electrode. This voltage would then be measured using a picaxe. If he readadc is above a certain level then a LED lights.
I have been told this circuit will result in damage to the electrodes over time. I was also wondering, won't this circuit also consume a lot of battery power?
My questions are
Is there an easy and more efficient way todo this.
How could I improve the reliability of such a device.
How could I increase or decrease the sensitivity.
Thanks for reading and any help you might give.
JPU
Ps I'll upload schematics and code in the morning. I cant do it on an iPad!!!!!