Indiedroid Nova is another SBC with Rockchip RK3588S SoC
The Indiedroid Nova single-board computer is a powerful hardware platform that has a compact form factor, similar to the Raspberry Pi 4B. The device comes with triple display support, including 8K, 4K, and 4K output. It enables the customer to connect dual monitors, along with a DSI display, offering up to four times the resolution of 4K.
The Indiedroid Nova is powered by the Rockchip RK3588S octa-core processor. This SoC is assumed to be a cost-optimized version of the RK3588, specially designed for graphics-intensive applications. The RK3588S features four Cortex-A76 cores running at speeds of up to 2.2-2.4 GHz, along with four Cortex-A55 cores clocked at up to 1.8 GHz. This combination of high-performance and power-efficient cores ensures smooth multitasking and responsive performance.
Driving the graphics capabilities of the Indiedroid Nova is the Arm Mali-G610 GPU. This GPU is equipped with OpenGL ES 3.2, OpenCL 2.2, and Vulkan 1.2 support, enabling it to render high-quality graphics with incredible detail. Even if the customer intends to work with complex visualizations, the Mali-G610 GPU delivers exceptional visuals in resolutions up to 8K.
Specifications of Indiedroid Nova single-board computer
- SoC: Rockchip RK3588S
- CPU: Octa-core processor, 4x Arm Cortex-A75 and 4x Arm Cortex-A55
- GPU: Arm Mali-G610
- VPU: 8Kp60 video decoder for H.265/AVS2/VP9/H.264/AV1 codecs
- NPU: AI Acceleration at 6 trillion operations per second
- Memory: 4GB, 8GB, or 16GB LPDDR4x
- Storage: eMMC 5.1 flash module connector to add 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB module
- Video output: 1x micro-HDMI 2.1 port, DisplayPort via USB Type-C, and 4-lane MIPI DSI connector
- Camera: MIPI CSI connector
- Audio: 3.5mm earphone jack
- USB: 1x USB Type-C port, 2x USB 3.0 Type-A ports, 2x USB 2.0 Type-A ports
- Expansion: 40-pin Raspberry Pi compatible GPIO header
- Power supply: 5V/3A via USB Type-C port
- Dimensions: 85×56 mm
The manufacturer ships the Indiedroid Nova single-board computer pre-flashed with the Armbian Ubuntu operating system on the eMMC. This ensures that you can start using the SBC right out of the box. Each Nova unit is thoroughly tested before shipping, guaranteeing that all components are in working order.
Indiedroid Nova is available in many configurations. The entry-level variant offers 8GB of RAM and 32GB of flash storage, priced at $164.95 USD. If you require even more power and storage capacity, the top-tier version provides 16GB of RAM and 64GB of flash storage, available at $224.95 USD. With these options, you can choose the configuration that best suits your application needs.
Join 97,426 other subscribers