Banana Pi BPI-F2P is for low power IoT
Banana Pi BPI-F2P uses Sunplus chip design, this is an industrial control board. use Plus1(sp7021) design same as Banana Pi BPI-F2S, it support PoE function with PoE module,and support RS232 and RS485 . so you can use it do an Industrial control gateway.
About SunPlus SP7021
SunPlus sp7021 is a revolutionary SoC that has the power of a Linux-grade chip and the integration simplicity of a microcontroller.it with ARM Cortex-A7 Quad core,ARM926 real-time core,8051 low-power core
Conceived by Sunplus Technology in collaboration with Tibbo Technology, PLUS1 takes all the sophisticated elements typically found in modern industrial-grade embedded Linux chips, adds a plethora of features targeting IoT and industrial control applications, and delivers the resulting design in a simple microcontroller-like package that needs few external components, simplifies the schematic diagram, and reduces the PCB complexity.
SP7021 is a SoC solution of industrial control. It meets customers’full demand on function but with low cost so that will improve customers’ competitiveness in the market. SP7021 provides rich GPIOs, storage and USB interface. And it provides MIPI CSI interface for video input and HDMI interface for video output. It also provides FPGA interface for function extension. SP7021 also has 4 Ethernet ports providing customers a high competitive solution.
Characteristics of the SP7021
- Easy-to-use LQFP package.
- Quad-core 1GHz Cortex-A7 CPU, plus A926 and 8051 cores.
- Single 3.3V power*.
- Integrated 128MB or 512MB DDR3 DRAM.
- Eight 8-bit 5V-tolerant IO ports, plus one high-current port.
- Flexible Peripheral Multiplexing (PinMux).
- Dual PinMuxable Ethernet MACs.
- Four PinMuxable Enhanced UARTs, plus one console UART.
- Industrial operating temperature range: -40C ~ +85C.
- Low EMI simplifies certification.
- Modern, Yocto-based Linux distribution.
- 10-year supply guarantee.
- Robust ready-to-run modern Linux distribution available
- And much more…
- SoC – Sunplus SP7021 “Plus1” with a quad-core Cortex-A7 processor @ 1.0 GHz, one Arm A926 microprocessor, an 8051 core to handle I/Os, and 128MB or 512MB DDR3 DRAM.
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash, microSD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 output
- Camera I/F – MIPI CSI connector
- Connectivity – 2x 10/100M Ethernet
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB port
- 2 USB header interface
- 40-pin GPIO header compatible
- 7.4V Lithium battery power supply interface
- RTC battery interface
- PoE function support
- Debugging – 3-pin header for UART console, SWD ICE port
- Security – TPM 2.0 via ST33TPH2EI2C secure element
- Misc – Power switch, reset button, boot selection dip switch
- Power Supply – 12VDC via power barrel jack
- Dimensions – 130x85mm
- Temperature Range – -40C ~ +85°C
Source code on github
- BPI-F2S BPS code with kernel 4.19 : https://github.com/BPI-SINOVOIP/BPI-F2S-bsp