Electronics-Lab.com Community

how to make a mailbox light? guys

I want to charge a LiPo battery via the ballance plugs. So it's a ballanced charge, and I don't run into any problems, day in and day out.
The light can be very small, but I want it to be bright. So even using a couple LEDs would make a really nice and bright mailbox light.
I want the light to last all night long. So that means I need to know the current draw of the LEDs to the capacity of the LiPo batteries.
etc.
I need help on this. I need help with the fact how to use an Op Amp to shut the light off when it's daylight out.. or a specific amount of light is sensed.

Light Sensed : Start charging, and turn off the LED lights.
Light Sensed : Set the Op Amp to detect 4.2vdc. When it does, shut down the charging, &
LED's stay off until darkness is detected.

That's my idea of a mailbox light, with very long battery life, and high current solar charging abilities.

Can anyone help me with this kind of circuit?

Here is where my LED come from http://www.kynix.com/Search/led.html 

The cheap Chinese solar garden light has a dim light for only a couple of hours following a sunny day. It lasts only a couple of months before its LED, solar panel and battery rust away. No light following a cloudy day. The cheap solar panel actually gets sunburned.

Use the pcb circuit from a solar garden light and amplify its output with a transistor to drive a bright high current LED. Use a larger high current high quality solar panel and battery. Properly seal everything to prevent rust. 

On 2017/1/12 at 1:28 AM, audioguru said:

The cheap Chinese solar garden light has a dim light for only a couple of hours following a sunny day. It lasts only a couple of months before its LED, solar panel and battery rust away. No light following a cloudy day. The cheap solar panel actually gets sunburned.

Use the pcb circuit from a solar garden light and amplify its output with a transistor to drive a bright high current LED. Use a larger high current high quality solar panel and battery. Properly seal everything to prevent rust. 

yaaas, many chinese solar garden light do have a dim light and last not long.    And i will try your way to make a brighter led, thanks man.

On 2017/1/12 at 1:13 AM, Externet said:

Drill a hole on top of the mailbox and insert a ----> 0075623374123_500X500.jpg

Without its pole.  Optional, add a door switch for the LED.  Done fast for $1.  Some silicone sealant may help.

could really be helpful, though my eyes were indeed caught by you Gif-avatar,  hahaha