- Joined
- Jan 21, 2010
- Messages
- 25,510
Would it be feasible to use a differential for the first stage followed by a none inverting for the second??
Yes. (non-inverting)
Would it be feasible to use a differential for the first stage followed by a none inverting for the second??
Have you investigated placing an IR led/phototransistor clamp on the horse's ear?
This is similar in theory to placing a clamp on a person's finger.
Not being around horses much, I can't think of another location that is fairly thin and fleshy.
Hi
Please can you explain why the results from this circuit are not as expected. I would have expected output from the second op amp "VF2" to have been 20 X the output at VF1.
Thanks JPU
The resistors in the feedback loop of the second stage are way too small.
I'm not sure that it will affect much in the simulation, but in real life you'll have a far higher power consumption that you might want.
Justin, I just wrote a 5 paragraph explanation but then deleted it in exchange for this.
You're clipping!
Chris
Chris
The two words you used were more than enough.
Now, I am being careless!
I only used the resistors as I had tried every thing else I could think off and the last thing I did was quickly try two small resistors.
Thanks
Hi Chris
I have added some more to the signal and introduced "Extra Noise" at 1k 70m.
Thanks
Justin
VF2 is clipping. +-2V in, gain of 5 = +-10V out with a +- 5V supply, not going to work.
Also, you want a low pass filter, not a high pass filter to cut out high frequency noise.
Bob
VF1 looks like a nice swing of 2V peak to peak centred on 0V. So that's a gain of 10.
Not sure why the output at VF2 is not symmetric though, or why the frequency doubling is happening.
Agree. I was only referring to the test circuit he was using. The noise was higher frequency than the signal in that case, though only by 2X so it would have to be a sharp cutoff filter to do much.I was hoping Justin would ascertain that on his own. As for the filter requirements, I'm not as sure as you are. The human body picks up copious amounts of mains frequency hum. Maybe a notch filter would be apropos?
Chris
Hi Chris
I have tried to play around with what I think is a high pass filter to try and eliminate the 1k hz. However as usual I am not getting the results I expected. Should I use a low pass and a high pass filter together, should I give up?
I have added V3 so that I can compare the results to V2 which has no filter.
Justin
Agree. I was only referring to the test circuit he was using. The noise was higher frequency than the signal in that case, though only by 2X so it would have to be a sharp cutoff filter to do much.
Bob
Hi
I did get the "clipping" bit, the 5V+ 5V- in, the operational levels of the OPA134, but that is not my problem!
Sorry, I was in a rush to get off to work this morning and I didn't put my thoughts over as intended/clearly as I would have liked. My fault!
Thanks
Justin
Ps you mention "harmonics', do second or even third year degree students sudy that! Let alone 4 month part time students!!!. Chris? I have an abbreviation for you,,,FM! LOL!