555 Based DC Motor Speed Controller
- Rajkumar Sharma
- 26.493 Views
- SKU: EL47037
- Quote Now
555 DC Motor Speed Controller project will control the speed of a DC motor connected to it. This project is built using the popular 555 timer IC.
- Power supply input 5-12V DC
- Motor Load Up to 1 to 2Amps
- Onboard preset to vary Duty Cycle from 10% to 95% @ 120 Hz
- Ideal for mini drill and robotics application
- Transistor based output drive with heat-sink
- Diode protection for motor surge
- Power-On LED indicator
- Screw terminal connector for easy power supply input and output-Motor connection
- Four mounting holes of 3.2 mm each
- PCB dimensions 47 mm x 56 mm
Is it ok to use TIP120?
You can check out the data sheet for TIP120/122 here: http://www.learn-c.com/tip120.pdf
The TIP120 should be fine, at least for small motors.