Electronics-Lab.com Community

Weird circuit

I have this weird circuit that I can't devulge too much about. It involves feedback and high current transistors and time delay. What I would like to know is if the beta of a high current transistor can change drastically. If I apply a large signal to the base, I get a large change in current. This large change in current produces a large change in base current. My impedance is reduced by the large change in base current resulting in a reduction of base voltage. Now before you comment, the circuit is already biased, built and tested with many transistors. What I get with feedback and some time delay is a halving of voltage. Does a halving of voltage mean something to anyone and can the beta change enough to lower my impedance so that I get a halving of voltage?

There is an update to the circuit I posted. It works fine. I am still getting a halving of the signal but I think it is arbitrary. It was not a change in beta that was the problem. It has to do with source of the signal and the feedback which is secondary. You can only create a certain amount of response with the signal source before you negate the whole thing. The resistance was the other part of the problem. I figured I could increase the change in current to get the gain, and it does, but only to the extent dictated by the signal source. So I am left with the feeling that there is something special to the voltage halving. Although I really can't say that it is exactly half. I would like to think it's about half, to be determined by the change in current.

And one final update. The impedances do win. The calculations even with feedback prove to be true. It was not the signal amplitude. It was a mere fact of impedance. However in my circuit, I am going to allow the feedback signal to produce the same change in base current as the signal source. The impedance and the voltage will allow me to do this.

However in my circuit, I am going to allow the feedback signal to produce the same change in base current as the signal source. The impedance and the voltage will allow me to do this.

Huh? That's weird.
How can the feedback produce the same change in base current as the signal source, unless it is positive feedback?
I've always thought that negative feedback cancels some of the input, therefore reducing gain.

Where's the circuit that "you posted"?