Sound to RC Servo Driver
- Rajkumar Sharma
This project is designed for Animatronics and Puppeteer applications, however it can be used in other applications like sound responsive toys, robots etc. Especially this project helps to move the jaw or mouth of animatronics creature.
The project moves RC servo once receives any kind of sound. Rotation angle depends on sound level, more the sound level more the movement. Movement of the servo is proportional to sound level.
Circuit has 4 channel servo drivers, First channel is driven by sound, and rest 3 RC servos controlled by on board trimmer potentiometer, these 3 channels helps to drive other movement of animatronics figure.
Sound Received by microphone is converted to DC voltage, PIC16F72 microcontroller converts DC voltage into RC PWM signal. Circuits works with 6V DC , advisable to use battery for low jitter.
- Supply 6V DC (1.5V X 4 AA or Large 6V SLA Battery)
- 4 Channel RC Servo Drivers
- 1St Channel works with Sound
- 3 Channel works with on board potentiometer
- CN7 Supply
- D2 Power LED
- CN6,CN8,CN9 Connecters for RC Servo works with Potentiometer
- Trimmer Potentiometer PR2= SERVO 2, PR3=SERVO 3, PR4=SERVO4
- CN5 Connector for RC Servo works with Sound