Amlogic T972 Player board features multiple HDMI inputs – support 4K V-by-One displays and Android 9.0
Shenzhen Tomao, one of the leading OEM/ODM manufacturers with over 9 years of experience, has designed an Amlogic T972 multimedia network single-board computer with multiple HDMI inputs and a V-By-One display interface with support for up to 4K resolutions.
Targeted at digital signage applications, the Amlogic T972 SBC is powered by an advanced quad-core Cortex-A55 Amlogic T972 processor. The SoC is a combination of a powerful CPU/GPU subsystem, a best-in-class HDR image processing pipeline, and a secured 8K/4K video CODEC engine with all major peripherals in a cost-effective package. It is designed for worldwide UHD TV applications and so it features a 10/100/1000M Ethernet MAC with RGMII, USB 2.0 high-speed port, SDIO 3.0 controller, eMMC 5.0 controller, SLC NAND controller and multiple SD card controllers, UART, I2C, high-speed SPI PWMs, and a built-in IR blaster. The SoC already happens to power the Xiaomi Mi TV 5 and Mi TV 5 Pro 4k televisions as well as the Developer Board 7+ by Geniatech, you can say it is an equivalent to the Amlogic S905X3 SoC that is built for TV boxes.
The Amlogic T972 network player SBC also features a microSD card slot, 2GB or 4GB DDR4, 16GB eMMC flash expandable to 128GB, HDMI 2.1 receiver ports, up to 4K resolution V-by-One output, one 40-pin LVDS connector, USB 2.0 ports, 2.4G WiFi and Bluetooth (with a dual-band 2.4G/5G WiFi option), one headphone jack, serial expansion ports, mini PCIe slot, sim card slot, backlight header, up to four UART headers, RTC, and many more.
Specifications of the Amlogic T972 single-board computer Include:
- CPU: Amlogic T972 (or T962X2) quad-core Arm Cortex-A55 processor @ 1.98 GHz
- Arm Mali-G31 MP2 GPU with support for OpenGL ES 3.2, Vulkan 1.1, and OpenCL 2.0; Concurrent multi-core processing
- 2GB or 4GB DDR4 (optional)
- 16GB eMMC flash (can be expanded to 128GB via SD/USB)
- 1x MicroSD card slot
- 40-pin 2.0mm pitch 8-/10-bit LVDS connector up to 1080p resolution
- V-By-Oneconnector up to 4K resolution
- TP header, Backlight header
- 3x HDMI inputs, AV input
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 4-pin header for 10W8Ω stereo speakers, I2S header, PDM header
- 10/100M Ethernet RJ45 port
- 2.4 GHz WiFi 4 & Bluetooth (optional dual-band WiFi, Ampak AP6256 as on photo)
- Optional 4G LTE modem via mPCIe socket + SIM card slot
- 2x USB Type-A host ports
- 3x USB interfaces via headers, including one OTG port
- 1x mini PCIe socket
- 4x UART headers
- IR receiver
- RTC+ battery backup
- 12V power supply input via DC power jack or 4-pin header
- 5V header likely output
- Dimensions: 160 mm x 115 mm
- Operating System: Android 9.0
Other useful details may be found on the product page.