PoE FeatherWing – Ethernet FeatherWing with 4W of PoE power
PoE FeatherWing is an Ethernet FeatherWing with 4W of PoE power with globally unique MAC.
Adafruit provides an Ethernet FeatherWing for its popular Feather ecosystem – a valuable option for IoT and automation projects. But it has its limitations. The Feather still needs to be powered separately, and no globally unique MAC address is provided for the user, making deployment hard.
What if we could fix these issues? What if there was a drop-in replacement that would not only provide Ethernet, but also power your Feather, and give you a globally unique MAC? And still be 100% compatible in size, connections and software support? Enter the PoE-FeatherWing!
- PoE: Isolated IEEE 802.3at Class 1, Mode A and Mode B Power over Ethernet, with 4 W of output power available.
- Globally unique MAC address: A Microchip 24AA02E48 provides a real globally unique MAC address, allowing actual field deployment.
- Works with existing software: A WIZnet W5500 Ethernet controller ensures full compatibility with existing software written for the Adafruit Ethernet FeatherWing.
- Drop-in replacement: With board size and connections identical to the Adafruit Ethernet FeatherWing, it’s a true drop-in replacement.
- Giant Board compatibility: A solder jumper allows for easy compatibility with the Giant Board Feather form-factor Linux SBC, without needing to add a fly wire for the IRQ (interrupt request signal).
The PoE FeatherWing is due to land on Crowd Supply soon; pricing has yet to be confirmed.
Join 97,426 other subscribers