High Power Bidirectional DC Motor Driver using IFX007T
- Rajkumar Sharma
This motor driver circuit can drive a brushed DC motor with up to 250W of continuous load. The project can be controlled with the general logic IO-Ports of any microcontroller. Either an Arduino Uno or other microcontroller can be used as the control board. The project uses two IFX007T IC from Infineon. Each IC provides half-bridge operation featuring one P-channel high side MOSFET and one N-channel low side MOSFET with an integrated driver IC. The IFX007T half-bridge is easy to control by applying logic level signals to the IN and INH pin. When applying a PWM to the IN pin the current provided to the motor can be controlled with the duty cycle of the PWM. With external R6, R9 resistors connected between the SR pin and GND you can set the slew rate of the power switches. The Motor Control board can be easily connected to any Arduino board or microcontroller via headers.
- Brushed DC Motor Control up to 250 W continuous load
- Motor Supply 8 – 24 V nominal input voltage (max. 6 – 40 V)
- Average motor current 30 A restricted due to the limited power dissipation of the PCB (IFX007T current limitation @ 55 A min.)
- Drives one brushed bi-directional DC motor
- Capable of high frequency PWM, e.g. 25 kHz
- Adjustable slew rates for optimized EMI by changing external resistor R6, R9
- Driver circuit with logic level inputs
- Status flag diagnosis with current sense capability
- Protection e.g. against over temperature and overcurrent
- PCB dimensions: 49.82 x 44.62 mm
The IFX007T is an integrated high current half bridge for motor drive applications. It is part of the Industrial & Multi-Purpose Nova lithic™ family containing one p-channel high-side MOSFET and one n-channel low-side MOSFET with an integrated driver IC in one package. Due to the p-channel high-side switch the need for a charge pump is eliminated thus minimizing EMI. Interfacing to a microcontroller is made easy by the integrated driver IC which features logic level inputs, diagnosis with current sense, slew rate adjustment, dead time generation and protection against over temperature, under voltage, overcurrent and short circuit. The IFX007T provides a cost optimized solution for protected high current PWM motor drives with very low board space consumption.
$18 Welcome Bonus for new registrations Now https://jlcpcb.com