TopJoy Falcon Mini 8″ Laptop Features an Intel Pentium N5000 Processor
TopJoy Falcon is another upcoming mini laptop that should deliver performance right between the Atom x5-Z8350 processor found in One Mix Yoga and the more powerful Core m3-7y30 powering the GPD device with an Intel Pentium Silver N5000 Gemini Lake processor. The device looks similar to its competitor, except it also comes with a larger 8″ display, and as a consequence a slightly larger keyboard.
TopJoy Falcon specifications:
- SoC – Intel Pentium Silver N5000 quad core “Gemini Lake” processor @ 1.10 / 2.7 GHz (Turbo) with Intel UHD graphics 605; 6W TDP
- System Memory – 8GB RAM
- Storage – 256GB SSD
- Display – 8″ IPS touchscreen display with 1920 x 1200 resolution, a 360-degree hinge
- Video Output – micro HDMI output
- Audio – 3.5mm headphone jack, built-in speaker and microphone
- USB – USB Type-A port, USB Type-C port
- QWERTY keyboard + optical touch sensor placed in the middle of a split space bar, and left and right mouse buttons underneath.
- Battery – 6,000 mAh battery that is said to offer up to 8 hours of battery life Power Supply – 12V/3A
- Dimensions & Weight – TBD
The Windows 10 mini laptop will be launched in October (in about 56 days at the time of writing) via a crowdfunding campaign. The retail price is said to be $699, but the first 100 backers will have the opportunity to pledge $399, or a discount of $300, once the campaign launches. Since the number of rewards are limited, the company offers interested backers to pay $10 to reserve their $300 discount on the product page. At first, I found this to be a bit dodgy, but it’s optional, and if interested you could register your interest, and wait until the campaign starts to make your pledge.[via]