Home Community

Need some interesting usage of electronics in agriculture
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 02:44:57 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: trade your components on this new board: "Components trade"

Advertisements
No New Posts
Today at 01:39:33 AM
in
Advertisements
by google

+  Electronics-Lab.com Community
|-+  Electronics Forums
| |-+  Electronics chit chat (Moderators: redwire, wise old man)
| | |-+  Need some interesting usage of electronics in agriculture
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Need some interesting usage of electronics in agriculture  (Read 1360 times)
spur

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2011, 07:38:34 AM »

Hi,
Does anyone knows some of the amazing applications of electronics in agriculture?
I'll be grateful if anyone could help me find some. Of course I need some technical (or detailed) information about those applications.

thanks guys.

Thomas W

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 06:59:37 AM »

... Does anyone knows some of the amazing applications of electronics in agriculture?
I'll be grateful if anyone could help me find some. Of course I need some technical (or detailed) information about those applications. ...

If you Google "soil moisture sensor nslu2" you'll find a project I made for my garden. The system has been dismantled because I moved to a new property, but I'm about to reinstall it again and do some temperature compensation to get a more precise reading. I'm using Debian, OWFS and rrdtool to create some nice looking graphs.

KMoffett

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 01:58:56 PM »

Hi,
Does anyone knows some of the amazing applications of electronics in agriculture?
I'll be grateful if anyone could help me find some. Of course I need some technical (or detailed) information about those applications.

thanks guys.
One of the most amazing uses of electronics in farming to me is the real-time control of fertilizer delivery and planting based on variations of soil conditions and GPS location over a field.

Ken

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Advertisements
No New Posts
Today at 01:39:33 AM
in
Advertisements
by google

Login with username, password and session length