Home Community

Need some interesting usage of electronics in agriculture

Author Topic: Need some interesting usage of electronics in agriculture  (Read 1433 times)

spur

• View Profile
« on: September 04, 2011, 07:38:34 AM »
Hi,
Does anyone knows some of the amazing applications of electronics in agriculture?
I'll be grateful if anyone could help me find some. Of course I need some technical (or detailed) information about those applications.

thanks guys.

Electronics-Lab.com Community

« on: September 04, 2011, 07:38:34 AM »

Thomas W

• View Profile
    • DiagramTips.com
    • Email
Re: Need some interesting usage of electronics in agriculture
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 06:59:37 AM »
... Does anyone knows some of the amazing applications of electronics in agriculture?
I'll be grateful if anyone could help me find some. Of course I need some technical (or detailed) information about those applications. ...

If you Google "soil moisture sensor nslu2" you'll find a project I made for my garden. The system has been dismantled because I moved to a new property, but I'm about to reinstall it again and do some temperature compensation to get a more precise reading. I'm using Debian, OWFS and rrdtool to create some nice looking graphs.

KMoffett

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 01:58:56 PM »
Hi,
Does anyone knows some of the amazing applications of electronics in agriculture?
I'll be grateful if anyone could help me find some. Of course I need some technical (or detailed) information about those applications.

thanks guys.
One of the most amazing uses of electronics in farming to me is the real-time control of fertilizer delivery and planting based on variations of soil conditions and GPS location over a field.

Ken

Electronics-Lab.com Community

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 01:58:56 PM »