ASUS PN41 mini PC offers a choice of Jasper Lake processors with onboard 2.5GbE networking
ASUS, one of the most admired companies known for manufacturing quality products for a future smart life, has designed a new ASUS PN41 Fanless Barebones Mini PC for home, office, and personal applications.
Powered by a choice of Jasper Lake processors, a minimum price of $169 (for a barebone model with Intel Celeron N4500 dual-core processor), and one 2.5GbE port, the ASUS PN41 mini PC might just be what we can consider as a near equivalent of the ODROID-H2+.
The ASUS Mini PC PN41 offers a choice of the latest 11 Gen Intel® Pentium® Silver or Celeron® mobile processor, which individually is said to have better performance than the traditional counterparts. It also offers class-leading graphics performance with Integrated Intel UHD Graphics, onboard 2.5GbE networking that is super-fast, USB power delivery input, and support for up to three displays.
- Jasper Lake N-Series SoC (one or the other)
- Pentium Silver N6005 quad-core processor at 2.0GHz / 3.3GHz with Intel UHD graphics; 10W TDP
- Celeron N5105 quad-core processor at 2.0GHz / 2.9GHz with Intel UHD graphics; 10W TDP
- Celeron N4505 dual-core processor at 2.0GHz / 2.9GHz with Intel UHD graphics; 10W TDP
- Pentium Silver N6000 quad-core processor at 1.1GHz / 3.1GHz with Intel UHD graphics; 6W TDP
- Celeron N5100 quad-core processor @ 1.1GHz / 2.8GHz with Intel UHD graphics; 6W TDP
- Celeron N4500 dual-core processor at 1.1GHz / 2.8GHz with Intel UHD graphics; 6W TDP
- 2x SO-DIMM memory slots with optional 4GB or 8GB DDR4 memory (32GB RAM max)
- 64GB or 128GB eMMC flash (optional)
- 3-in-1 card reader (optional)
- Optional M.2 PCIe Gen3 x4 SSD with 128GB or 256GB capacity
- 2.5″ 1TB SATA III drive (optional)
- HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.4 (can be changed to VGA, COM, or LAN as an option),
- 1x USB-C port with DisplayPort 1.4
- 3.5mm mic plus headphone audio jack
- Microphone array
- Realtek ALC3251 or ALC3236-VB2 HD Audio codec (optional)
- 2.5GbE RJ45 port via Realtek RTL8125B-CG controller
- Optional 802.11ax WiFi 6 2×2 MIMO and Bluetooth 5.0
- 2x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C ports with quick charge support
- 3x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A ports
- TPM 2.0 (optional)
- IR receiver (optional)
- Power Supply: 19V DC, 3.42A (65W Power Adapter)
- 3.69W power consumed at idle
- Dimensions: 115 mm x 115 mm x 49 mm
- Weight: 700g (with a 2.5-inch HDD)
- Certificates: BSMI, CB, CE, FCC, UL, CCC, Energy Star, C-Tick, WiFi, RF, VCCI
The mini PC is designed to offer powerful performance for a wide range of home and business applications – from everyday multitasking computing to digital signage in shops, to exhibition halls and retail stores, to interactive kiosks, and to home working and online learning. Its compact size makes it suitable for applications where traditional PCs won’t fit. There’s also an onboard 2.5 Gbps Ethernet and a built-in power delivery input that makes setup and communication faster and smoother.
The mini PC is sold for $169 on Amazon, but $229 with shipping. It seems the mini PC will have many variants and possibly one with a dual 2.5GbE or 2.5GbE and 1GbE ports. Whatever the case is, the listed specifications already show that the mini PC is already great for the price, especially with the quad-core model of SoC.
The mini PC will ship with either Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Home for models fitted with memory and storage. Other useful information on the mini PC can be found here.