Blip – A Nordic nRF52840 dev board with sensors, NFC, Bluetooth, and debugger
Blip is a development board for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and 802.15.4-based wireless applications, built around the Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 SoC. It is able to help you easily start your next IoT Development using BLE technology.
Blip has a Black Magic Probe compatible programmer and debugger built in, along with a temperature/humidity sensor, ambient light intensity sensor, and a three-axis accelerometer. It can be used to prototype very low power devices. It also has provisions for a microSD card slot, which makes it a complete and versatile development board.
Blip supports Nordic Semiconductor nRF5 SDK, Zephyr RTOS, Arduino and CircuitPython, so users can easily find resources to interface it with pretty much any hardware. There’s even an Adroid/iOS App and a Bluetooth web interface.
- Controller: Raytac MDBT50Q-1M module based on Nordic Semiconductor’s nRF52840 module with FCC/TELEC/CE certification
- Accelerometer: LIS2DH12 high-performance three-axis “femto” accelerometer
- Ambient Light Sensor: LTR-329ALS-01
- Humidity and Temperature Sensor: Si7006-A20
- Debugger: STM32F103CBT6 as Black Magic Probe debugger (can be used to debug external chips also)
- NFC Antenna
- MicroSD slot
- GPIO: 28 pins on header
- Power Supply: USB, JST connector for Li-Ion/Li-Po
- Battery Management BQ24079 battery charging and power management IC
- 32-bit ARM® Cortex™-M4 CPU with floating point unit running at 64 MHz
- 1 MB flash, 256 KB RAM
- Bluetooth 5 multi-protocol radio, with 802.15.4 support for Thread and Zigbee
- Full speed USB
- 32 MHz SPI
- 12-bit 200 ksps ADC
The project is live on www.crowdsupply.com and has 44 days left.