DOGS104-A Series Compact Low-Power Flexible (4×10) Character LCD
DISPLAY VISIONS’ DOGS104-A series compact low-power pin connected chip-on-glass character LCD
DISPLAY VISIONS EA’s DOGS104-A series character LCDs are available in an FSTN pos. transflective, STN neg. blue transmissive, and FSTN pos. white reflective version. These displays have a 2.54 mm pitch and can be soldered directly or plugged into socket strips. Therefore, cumbersome gluing procedures, the need for designing a special mounting device, and error-prone cable connections that may lose contact are no longer a concern.
This LCD family was designed for use in the German industry and will have an availability of 15+ years. The extremely efficient ratio of external dimensions [36 mm x 27.5 mm x 2.6 mm (or 4.6 mm including LED backlight)] to the active display area helps in designing very compact devices. Furthermore, its low-power use [single supply 3.3 V to 5.5 V (typically 250 µA)] makes it ideal for handheld applications.
The EA 9780-4USB development board and free Windows simulator are all users require to evaluate pin-connected chip-on-glass LCDs with and without backlight. Simply plug the 2.54 mm connector pins of the display into the socket strips of the development board. Proprietary hardware or software development is not required. Decisions can be made quickly at a minimum expense.
- Download the free EA LCD Simulator Software
- Plug the display into the EA 9780-4USB development board
- Connect the EA 9780-4USB development board to the PC using the USB cable
- Write text or select graphics; the display will show the content
- Video: Industrial LCD Display Simulator
- High contrast LCD supertwist display
- Optional led backlight units in different colors
- 4×10 character with 2.6 mm switchable to 2×10 with 4.55 mm height
- SSD1803A controller for SPI (2-/3-/4-wire) and I²C (2-wire) interface
- Single power supply +3.3 V (typically 440 µA)
- No additional voltages required
- Operating temperature range -20°C through +70°C
- Led backlight 3..45 mA at 3.3 V
- No mounting required; simply solder into the PCB
- 3 different character sets (Cyrillic, English-Japanese, and European) included in the same controller
- 2 viewing direction possible (bottom and top view)
- RoHS, CE, and REACH compliant
more information: https://www.lcd-module.de