DR6018-S is a Cheaper and Smaller WiFi 6 SBC With Optional WiFi 6E
Earlier in the year, Wallys Communications unveiled a compact DR6018-V3 WiFi 6 embedded router board based on Qualcomm IPQ6010 processor with optional WiFi 6E and 5G IoT M.2 modules. Now, the company has followed up on the DR6018-V3 router board with a cheaper and more compact DR6018-S SBC that is based on the same processor with WiFi 6 and optional WiFi 6E.
DR6018-S as an enterprise wireless module, aims at providing users with mobile access to high bandwidth video streaming, voice and data transmission for offices, and other working environments with challenging RF. The compact DR6018-S router board runs Linux on a Qualcomm-Atheros IPQ6010 processor with 802.11ax WiFi 6 and 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi 5 support, an M.2 slot for people wanting to add WiFi 6E cards, dual GbE ports, including one with active or passive PoE, and optional micro-SD, GPS, and USB 3.0.
The 125 x 105 x 20mm DR-6018-S board by comparison has pretty the same specifications as the DR6018-V3 like the processor, memory, storage, and WiFi 5/6 connectivity, but does not allow the addition of a 5G module. The DR-6018-S also does not have as much number of Ethernet ports as the DR6018-V2 and does not offer 2.5 Gbps Ethernet support. There’s no option to add a Bluetooth module and the GPS that used to be available via the 5G module is now offered as an optional module.
Key Features and Specifications of the DR6018-S board include:
- CPU: Qualcomm Atheros IPQ6010 quad-core Arm Cortex-A53 processor at 1.8 GHz
- 2x 512MB DDR3L system memory.
- 256MB NAND Flash
- 32MB NOR flash
- Optional SD card slot
- Support for DFS (dynamic frequency selection).
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet ports (including one with PoE support)
- Onboard 2×2 2.4GHz MU-MIMO OFDMA 802.11b/g/n/ax WiFi 6, max 23dBm per chain
- Onboard 2×2 5GHz MU-MIMO OFDMA 802.11a/n/ac/ax WiFi 6, max 20dBm per chain
- 4x u.FL connectors
- 2.4 GHz data rate up to 573 Mbps
- 5 GHz data rate up to 1201 Mbps
- Optional Qualcomm QCN9074 WiFi 6E card with 4×4 MIMO 802.11ax connectivity
- GPS support (optional)
- 1x USB 3.0 Type-A port (optional)
- 1x M.2 “E Key” socket with MiniPCIe 3.0
- 12-pin header for serial connection.
- Reset button
- FFC/FPC connector for LED
- 24V – 48V power supply via DC jack input or active or passive PoE
- Dimensions: 125 x 105 mm x 20 mm
- Temperature Range:
- Operating: -40 to +70°C
- Storage: -40 to +105°C
DR6018-S runs OpenWrt 14.07 Barrier Breaker firmware and Qualcomm SDK is provided with QCA binary drivers. Typical applications include 802.11ax MU-MIMO OFDMA access point and EasyMesh mesh router supporting EasyMesh.
The DR6018-S board is going to be sold for $150, which is way cheaper than the DR6018 V3 board that currently sells for $200. More details may be found on the product page.
Join 97,426 other subscribers