ECM-EHL 3.5-inch SBC Powered by New Intel Elkhart Lake SoC
Intel has introduced the new Atom x6000E series and Intel Pentium and Celeron N and J series, processors. They are part of the new Elkhart Lake processor (14 nm process) family. These processors are primarily targeted towards embedded and IoT applications. As we have seen with AAEON, these next-generation solutions provide greater performance, flexibility, and a multitude of Intel technologies to power computing needs worldwide.
The board manufacturer, Avalue Technology has just introduced its new ECM-EHL 3.5-inch SBC powered by these new Elkhart Lake Embedded SoCs. With the help of these new bleeding edge processors, this new board can offer a wide range of voltage input and an extreme operating temperature range of -40°C ~ 85°C.
This board comes with a support of Single 260-pin DDR4 SODIMM socket System Memory, support for up to 32GB DDR4 at 3200MHz. For the physical storage supports, there is one M.2 Key-B 2242 socket and one ATA III connector. Multimedia capabilities are HDMI 2.0b up to 4096×2160 @ 60Hz and DP 1.4a up to 4096×2160 @ 60Hz. Triple independent display support is one of the highlighting features of this board. Audio I/Os are handled by Realtek ALC892 audio codec. Mic-In, Line-In, and Line-Out header headers are also present on this 146 x 101mm, 200-gram board.
Avalue ECM-EHL Specs overview:
- SoC: Intel Pentium/Celeron/Atom x6000E Elkhart Lake SoC with Intel UHDS Graphics – 4.5 to 12W TDP
- System Memory: Single 260-pin DDR4 SODIMM socket for up to 32GB DDR4 3200MTs SDRAM
- Storage –
- 1x M.2 Key-B 2242 socket
- 1x SATA III connector
- 256Mbit SPI flash for AMI BIOS
- Video Output –
- HDMI 2.0b up to 4096×2160 @ 60Hz
- DP 1.4a up to 4096×2160 @ 60Hz
- eDP1.3 up to 4096×2160 @ 60Hz
- 1x LVDS connector
- Triple independent display support
- Audio –
- Realtek ALC892 audio codec
- Mic-In, Line-In, Line-Out header
- Networking –
- 2.5Gbps Ethernet (RJ45) via Intel I225LM (standard temp) or I225IT (wide temp)
- Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) via Intel i211 (standard temp) or i210 (wide temp)
- USB : 2x USB 3.1 Gen2 ports up to 10 Gbps, 4x USB 2.0 ports
- Serial: 1x RS-422/485 COM port, 3x RS232 COM ports
- Misc: Watchdog timer, H/W status monitor, RTC + battery
- Power Support : +9 to +36V DC input (typical 12/24V DC) AT/ATX power supply; ACPI 5.0 Compliant
- Dimensions : 146 x 101mm (3.5-inch SBC form factor)
- Weight: 200 grams
The new Avalue ECM-EHL SBC has support for both Windows 10 and Linux distributions. These boards should become available sometime in Q1 2021. More details may be found on the product page.